Non-standard MQTT port - Diskuzní fórum - Smarwi - chytré otvírání oken. Pro vytvoření příspěvku se prosím zaregistujte.

Non-standard MQTT port

• DebugBug
  • DebugBug's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 Apr 2020 22:09 #311 by DebugBug
DebugBug created the topic: Non-standard MQTT port
I'm using a hosted MQTT server in the cloud and this server uses a non-standard MQTT port. How can I enter the port number of the MQTT server into the configuration interface?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• drejk
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 Apr 2020 13:15 #312 by drejk
drejk replied the topic: Non-standard MQTT port
Hello,
Unfortunatelly it's not really possible in current GUI version, but there is a "hack" that you could use if you are familiar with Web developer console. If you go to Advanced tab in Smarwi Settings, you can enable Web Developer Console (Ctrl+Shif+C) and with mouse select Broker server input. Then in the console right-click the selected element, select Edit as HTML and add this:
<input class="form-control" type="text" name="mqttport" id="mqttport">

This will add a field to enter the port. Firmware should accept this input.

I'm sorry that it's this complicated. We will try to fix this in the next release.
Attachments:

• DebugBug
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 Apr 2020 20:17 #313 by DebugBug
DebugBug replied the topic: Non-standard MQTT port
Perfect, worked like a charm. It's now connected. Thanks.

• DebugBug
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 Apr 2020 08:53 #314 by DebugBug
After updating the port (which is one more digit than the standard) I'm seeing really strange behaviour from the device. It's opening when it should be closing and it can no longer calibrate at all. Could the fact that I'm entering a number with one additional digit be overwriting some internal memory or something that causes the device to not function normally anymore?

• DebugBug
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 Apr 2020 09:14 #315 by DebugBug
I can now confirm that setting the MQTT port back to 4 digits, corrected the behaviour of the device. Perhaps you could provide me with a firmware update that takes into consideration that port numbers can go up to 65535? Otherwise the device is quite useless to me without MQTT functionality.

Stay in touch